View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #17
toolboxchev

Re: Online tires stores

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SG.Rob View Post
So that ended up being a bit of an adventure. The day that I posted this I went to my local Discount Tire for a price comparison. Of course, I blew the tread off of the front passenger tire on the way there. Called insurance to send me a tow truck that took me to discount tire. Bought the wheels and tires from them for a bit under $1000, they have a solid military discount i discovered. But, the front drums had those rivets in there so I couldn't get the aluminum wheels on the front. They put the new tires back on my steelies (just the front) and I told them I would be back when I figured out out to deal with the rivets. SO I drove it with new wheels on back and steelies in front until this morning when I had the time to pull the front wheels off and grind the rivets down. Back to Discount Tire to finally get the new wheels put on the front. Take a look, I'm really happy with them. I also put in a pic of the rivets before I ground them down.
No wonder every one hates drums brakes. Luckily my rig came with the correct machine screws on all 4.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote