Thread: 6L80 swaps
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #35
namyzzo

Post Re: 6L80 swaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
I've got a 6.2/6L80E out of a 2013 Camaro SS. It's got the funky looking triangle output shaft on tranny. I need to convert it to a slip yoke style like the 6L90E's. I found a kit that provides the necessary parts to do the conversion, but I have been unable to find anything talking about doing the actual swap. Can you DIY or does it have to be done at a transmission shop? Thanks in advance.

Rob
>work at a driveline place...Can you get some specs of that "tri-bolt" companion flange? or maybe part with it?..Would like to check the specs of the flange and see if danamate.com has any normal slip yokes near your specs (internal spline count/spline major diameter, ground hub diameter..etc..) = would be nice to know if theres any easy options..

iv'e seen a few of these "kits" on the net..From bolt on adapters to output shaft swaps!

What kinda of conversion kit did you purchase/where from? It appears by "taking it to a trans shop" - that maybe your "kit" changes the output shaft?

...Just trying to get more knowledge about these newer trans/transfer cases...So much conflicting information out there...

>>> Ha - just got my account approved - now I see the kit your going with!... sounds like an easy choice... Would have loved to know what that flange spec'd out at..

Oh -well...if anyone else get the opportunity - would like to hear what they find out..
Thanks guys!
namyzzo is offline   Reply With Quote