View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 08:59 PM   #2
jaybirdk5

Re: Pictures of 1969 Blazer

Picked up this 69 Blazer from Colorado last month. Always liked the styling of 67-72 Chevys and wanted a Blazer to haul around the family in summer. After I saw the pictures of this Blazer in Colorado I really wanted to restore it to original condition. If it did not have a couple rusted out areas I would have drove it just the way it was. I started by talking to a couple restoration shops by me ( unfortunately I do not have the mechanical abilities or space to do a frame off restoration, I really admire those that have done it by themselves) and not really feeling confident about their abilities (spidey senses). The front seats were original but needed new seat covers. I went to a shop near where I work and asked for them to give me a price on redoing the seats. After saying he could restore the seats he said there was a Blazer being restored down the street and talk to them about restoring the vehicle. I stopped in and they were in the process of restoring a 71 Blazer ( I don't know if I would say restoring they were building this bad ass monster, it was really cool) after looking at their work I knew I wanted them to help me out. After a couple visits we agreed on proceeding with restoring our Blazer. They have removed the body from the chassis. I was really lucky to find a straight, almost no rust, and not abused Blazer. I will keep updating photos as it progresses. Thanks to Briank and Deadheadnm for their responses to some of my questions. Peace out!
jaybirdk5 is offline   Reply With Quote