View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 05:07 PM   #2
airspeed247

Re: 1979 C10 SWB Build - Off To Hawaii

Some quick background and details on the truck:
- Engine was originally a 305 but had been swapped out with a 350/400 combo that was originally supposed to go in a guys camaro.
- Original driveshaft broke so a custom one was installed.
- Looks like the brakes have been ran through (Although the MC is now leaking from sitting).
- Has some rust areas in the floor and doors that are the worst. Beach surface rust underneath.
- Alot of the gauges/electrical inside either doesn't work or is a mess.
- Tires are shot. (Has the 454 SS Wheels)
- AC is kind of there?? but I'd like to figure out how to get it hooked up.
etc etc

Overall not to bad and again. The best part is its all pretty cut and dry to work on

Started making my list of things to do with it on the drive home and tried to address the following immediately. Radiator overflow was missing its hose, air filter was floating on the HEI, Battery wasn't staying charged and died on me two days after getting it home.

Fixed the radiator with the missing hose, got a new air filter and jumped it and took it over to Autozone. After a quick diagnose realized the battery was junk so swapped it out for an AGM. I don't know what but I really like the Duralast AGM batteries. Have had really good luck with them and they aren't that much more than the Golds.
Attached Images

airspeed247 is offline   Reply With Quote