View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 10:05 AM   #379
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Thursday I called a mate whom I do not get to see often anymore as my job has evolved and the territory changed

However some friendships are cemented in simple trust and knowing who has your back.

In this case, both of us know it.

After 45 minutes of catching up on travel, kids, dogs, cats and the rest, he randomly asked me if I had a trailer.

I thought he needed to borrow one, and said yes, I had a bike trailer with no sides, but he was welcome to it, and that I wished it had sides as it would possibly work better for him (he is not a biker, so would not be needing a bike trailer of course)

So he replied that he did not need a trailer, but had one, and did I need or want one.

He would send pics on Friday.

On Friday he sent these photos, and I realised I would happily offer it a home, so I asked him how much he wanted for it, to which he replied: A Handshake, drink a coffee with him, play with Max their new dog and collect the two litres of South African Brandy he has had stashed away for me the last two years.

Now I just need to get to collect the thing 30 miles from here, as none of my vehicles have a tow hitch.

@CraigRK May have to collect on my behalf on his way here to collect all the treasure he has at my place.

Friday night after a rough week at work my V8 addiction broke through and Sally and I needed to go for a decent drive in the Blazer

So off to my local, serviced gas station where they still fill your tank.

And then off......

Sally likes to take photos when I am not watching.

Eventually back home, I parked the Blazer up over the street, in case a potential buyer stopped to look.

On Saturday Sally and I went to Faversham to a street market, afterward we went to see mate Neil, who sold me my new welder a couple of years ago.
He also sold @CraigRK a 75 liter compressor while we were there, into the back of the Focus it went.

Then to the Isle of Sheppey to deliver the Radio Flyer race car to mate Aaron, and check out what he was up to.

He pointed out the small skip and mentioned stuff he had tossed in there.

Included was a good welders mask, about 20 hardly used micro fibre cloths bag, 200 very large black bin liner bags, and a load of random stuff I did pass on.

Micro fibres already washed and dried.

However............

This, came home from his workshop.

Complete Porta Power tool.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote