View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 06:56 PM   #11
wixthedog

Re: Drop set ups and wheel combos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by malc1080 View Post
Thank you so much for replying and helping me out! Would you say your flip kit with 5 packs give it a 6in drop? Hopefully with some more pictures I can decide on just a flip kit or the shackles and hangers.
Thank you, these trucks are hard work but worth it when people say nice things about them.

I didn't measure but I would say it went a full 6". My truck has the longer leaf packs of the two and had 8-leaf packs from factory. My original plan was to ditch all but three plus the overloads but I found both packs had multiple cracked leafs and it forced my hand. I was fortunate and found some 5 leaf packs from a Suburban locally for a deal. I did not c-notch but I also do not work the truck very hard. I've hauled 400 pounds of deer corn and did not have any issues and I never even looked at what clearance I had...

I've never had a lowered truck before this one so I went all in (static anyway) and do not regret it at all. You have to be a little more careful when driving since the LCA's hang really low but it's not too bad once you get an eye for it. I knew if I didn't do it the way I did I would regret it and end up doing it over.
1979 C20 RCLB - 350 - TH350 Auto
wixthedog is offline   Reply With Quote