Thread: My 56 build
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 11:15 PM   #249
Jason 56

Re: My 56 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Impressive work, Jason!

I hope you don't mind if I make a few comments. Shouldn't you put some sort of screen across the louvers in the electronics box to ward off water getting in there if you drive through a puddle? The electronics box is a smart idea and wonder if you could put the electronics on a sort of shelf on drawer slides so you can pull it out when you want to service something in there.
I’ll see if it’s a problem when I start running it. I directed all the louvers away from directional tire spray, but who knows. I’m not worried about any of the electronics in there because everything is water resistant and factory mounted in similar locations/conditions

Last, too late now but did you consider the old wheel barrow trick instead of all the metal work on your firewall? It really came out great but I imagine that was a LOT of work a wheel barrow donor would have avoided. But again, all nice work! Can't wait to see this build finished.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought a wheelbarrow and moved it around mr garage for a year. When it came time to make the blister... I didn’t like the shape. So I grabbed the hammer.