View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 12:53 AM   #75
89AKurt

Re: Cruised abandoned Route 66 in Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinK7 View Post
If you think for a second we are 'bored with the details...", ...think again
These photos along with the location details are priceless. Added to the fact that you have a knack for great shots
You note the location is on the map in Flickr? I see the photos are from Flickr, but not sure how to get to the map.

Thanks again for posting

Kevin
Thank you very much! My dad was good at taking pictures. I usually chop off the "IMG" from both ends of a link. In this case my "Dad's slides 28" is added "below" the picture. I would think guests on Flickr can look.
[/url]Dads slides 28 by Kurt Womack, on Flickr

The first post from The Wind From Heck on Route 66 is messed up. My Nikon isn't properly reset for date/time. This series, hope it helps you through this section. I used the iPhone MAP app, shows the satellite image, the drawing does not show this segment, cleaved at both ends. I met 4 motorcycle riders at Top Gun. The lead rider didn't think it got windy here. It's Spring, when the Sun's angle goes up. At this moment tonight, it's 50º in Prescott.

This time, I will start at the very beginning, today it is Winona Bridge. Forgive my multiple posts.

Three of pictures are the only times forward is north, all following pictures are the same direction eastward.