View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #4
Lakeside65

Re: New to me 66 C10

Hello Everybody,

As promised, here are some progress pics through the fab process. I originally cut out all of the cross members thinking I was going to do a real step notch but later decided that I didn't want to loose all my bed space. I had to notch one crossmember to clear the rear end. I also included photos of my seat, old and new done by Lambs Auto Upholstery in Springfield MO. One of my favorite parts so far is cleaning up the radio hole where the previous owner took a pair of tin snips to clear out room for a late model radio. I bought a manual valve bracket from ThorBros and had my dad 3D print a bezel to cover the old hole. I am super happy with how it turned out.
I went ahead with the Boyd's fuel cell and in tank pump with plans on going LS in the future. I also welded in a filler neck to the inside of a jerry can that will mount in the bed of the truck and will fill the tank under the bed.

The truck is currently getting the wiring finished up by Rust2Rodz here in Marshfield MO as well as getting a Holley Sniper installed. I really wanted to do this on my own but we just had our first baby girl and that has taken priority over the truck. That should be done soon and I will make sure to grab some photos of everything once I get the truck back. Stay tuned, hopefully I am back on the road this year after about 14 months.
Attached Images

Lakeside65 is offline   Reply With Quote