View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 08:08 AM   #29
DannyO

Re: 1990 Mega Cab, Mid bed 7.3 4x4 (Frankenstein)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
I cannot not believe what I am seeing. I have been talking with my boys about doing this for about a year now. I have a rendering in my office of a Mega Cab Square body with a standard 6.5' bed. My plan was to start it in the next 3-6 months...You are starting with a suburban too, just like I'm planning...

Is the white truck in your first post real or was it a photo shop?

I am in to watch how you do it. So far it looks great.

How much did you add past the rear door?
I've had this idea for about 7 years now. Had I known how inexpensive this would be I would have done it a long time ago. The white truck is a rendering I did on paint. I went 4-1/2 inches back. I based it off the door handle. I liked the length of it and that it would look proportionate. I'm not fond of the short bed because it's really short in the back making the truck look like it's been rear ended. I want both sides an even length...like the f250s. One thing I'd do differently it that I would have sectioned and raised the back of the single cab about 3/4 to 1 inch above the window so my roof doesn't have a small rake back. I don't mined it cause I'm doing a roof rack so it won't be visible.
DannyO is offline   Reply With Quote