View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #271
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: D52 Caliper Rear Disc Brake Brackets

Yes the Eldorado rotors could have been used when designing these brackets, but I was wanting to use a rotor that could be found in a wrecking yard. The Astro/Safari vans are fairly plentiful in the wrecking yards. The '76-'79 Eldorado's are not. I know that new rotors are not that expensive, but sometimes a guy needs to be resourceful. Also the long term availability of the Eldorado rotors may be hard to predict. The Astro/Safari rotors are slightly larger in diameter than the Eldorado rotors.

The Eldorado master cylinder should work just fine with most GM boosters. If you happen to find an Eldorado in a wrecking yard, grab the proportioning valve also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972BackInBlackC10 View Post
just out of curiosity i dont know anything about the cadillacs but if the rear calipers work would the rotors not work as well since they should be the same thickness as the astro rotors or would there be a back space issue since its a car? what about the master cylinder as well since it should be a disc/disc setup

sorry not trying to pick your brain just trying to see if theres more options
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote