View Single Post
Old 09-01-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
Bud1300

1981 C-10 LWB Build

I've started a new build today, just became the owner of a 1981 C-10 LWB with a 6 cyl. Lol... I have some fast cars and trucks I currently own so I'm kinda excited to be building something different. I may swap over to a LS at a later phase of the build. This is going to be just a driver to go to work and back only 16 miles round trip and good country roads so I was looking at a low static drop 5/7 or maybe a 6/8. I like the look of the old pintina and stock wheels and hubs caps. I have always gone crazy on paint and wheels so I'm doing something different for me. The truck is all original paint that has a great pintina and only minor dents and rust with will add to the look I'm going after. I will post pictures as soon as the truck arrives to the house. It runs and drives so I'm jumping right into suspension, tires and brakes 1st, then to the interior , seat, dash, carpet and door panels. If you have in suggestions on the static drop please post advise. I going to use my factory lower and upper control arms for a little while with drop spindles 2.5 and lowering springs/ flip kit in rear with hangers and shackles and leaf springs. Later I will bag like my 72 suburban but for now only the basic set-up. I have not posted in a few years but I still have the bagged suburban, the 68 camaro street/drag car, the 2004 static dropped tahoe, the 1983 S-10 drag truck, the 2006 HD2500 Crew cab 4x4 and now a 2010 C6 -Z06 and a 81 C-10. So plenty of projects to work on. LOL Talk to y'all later and photos to come soon.
Bud1300 is offline   Reply With Quote