View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 06:43 AM   #15
special-K
Special Order

Re: 6 speed suddenly rough shifting

That's why I'm scared of owning a newer vehicle. That transmission replacement cost twice what I paid for my '95 Suburban that I have driven and worked for six relatively trouble-free years. I just can't grasp that comparison. 4L80Es are electronic overdrive transmissions with a great reputation but they had to replace it with a craptastic inferior unit to gain an unneeded extra gear to keep up with marketing to yuppies is how I see it. TH350s? I had one rebuilt and that was a perfectly operating transmission ('72 in the '80s) that I wanted beefed up for mud bogging. The first guy didn't know what he was doing. He heard the hi-performance part but he must have thought I said I had a Camaro drag car. That transmission build lasted a few hundred miles before blowing up. Then I found someone better who did it right and it took all the abuse I gave it. I'm sorry to hear about your transmission trouble. If it were mine it would be sitting in the driveway waiting for me to figure out how I'd be able to pay for the repair.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote