View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #64
chad64chevy

Re: my '64 c-10 swb project with steel floor from a '70

protrash64- thanks, it will be a lil while before i get ready to install the gas tank, im trying to get the frontend back on! then i will install the gas filler plate in the bed! i'm still trying to figure what the other two plugs go to on the gas tank, that and i need to buy a sending unit for it! i only need to fix my rockers on the cab, but im going to cut out the seam where the firewall and floor meet just to make it look smoother and to not have it rot out later from water getting trapped!

alan- i got wiring harness, windsheild, weatherstripping, bbw glass, panel adhesive, and other odds and ends just to name a few! i like income tax time the wife lets me have 500-1000 to buy what i want besides what i spend through out the year which will pay for some of these things! im going to paint what i can and need to, then i have a cousin that will paint it for me an i know it would look good when done all i got to do is the bodywork, lol! he builds hotrods for a living, and has done paint/body and auto all my life!

lostmy65- no, i had to buy the inner fender bace and the fender patch seperate, then i took measurements of where the bolt hole was at then cut and grind til the new patches fit! then i welded the inner fender brace in and the fender patch! there a guy on youtube that has a 2 part video of cutting the fender brace and patch panel (mobilehotrodrepair) he has some other videos that have helped me learn! plus, i have learned alot of this site!!
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote