View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 08:16 AM   #34
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Got a few things done the past couple of days. The front crossmember became sort of a pain to get right. I decided to modify the 4x4 bracket versus trying anything different. I ended up just flattening the bottom of it and rewelding it which turned out fine.

I was going to prep the front end for paint but decided I should go ahead and run the brake lines from the mc to the proportioning block before painting. So I order a new block from summit and picked up a vette mc from Napa Saturday. I need to repaint the booster anyway so this will work out fine. I used copper nickel for the brake lines. Its a bit too bendy but I made it work. I would have never been able to make it out of one piece otherwise. Turned out ok. I hope it clears the headers without any problems. I realized after the fact the factory lines dont really run inside the rail but over top. At least from a few pictures Ive seen

Need to get the front end painted this week so I can get the susp back on. Hopefully the RideTech has shipped by now.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote