View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 12:04 PM   #53
tallhoedude
ROCKWELL 5 TON CLUB !!

Re: My Build Begins!

thanks for the compliments and encouragement guys.but be patient it may be a little slow going.
UNLESS....if i can sell the tahoe then most of that $$ i can put into the k5.

ive got my 5.3 wiring harness about 80% complete(removed un-needed wiring and sensors,rerouted)cant do much more with it untill the engine is sitting between the framerails.

i am researching and experimenting with a home-fabbed wheel brake setup for the rockwells so it will be somewhat streetable.pinion brakes are for sure cheaper to fab and install...im just not sure how safe they are on the street.

i am also working out some suspension ideas:4 link all around would be cool,but would cost a lot of $$ for the front to ride and drive the way i want.i think im going with leaf springs up front and a triangulated 4 link in the rear.i just think the rear will be easier fab work,its not like im building a rock crawler needing massive flex so a rear 4 link should be good enough.

well as i get more pics and ideas ill let you all know.
this board has been a great resource for great people and great info...
thanks to all..........
1970 K5 "ON THE ROCKS" PROJECT:500hp 6.0 fuel injected. 2wd sm465 trans,t136 2.5 ton transfercase,5ton rockwells with 9.34 gears,custom wheel disc brakes,full hydro steering20+" OF LIFT AND 67/35/25's..67" tall TRACTOR TIRES.."THE MUD SLUT!!"
MY BUILD THREAD:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=221935

1997 TAHOE,SAS D60 14B,5:13 DISC BRAKES,CROSSOVER STEER,HYDRO ASSIST,42 IROKS
HINT:NEW NAME "K5ontheROCKS!"
tallhoedude is offline   Reply With Quote