View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 02:31 PM   #154
Vic1947

Re: 57 Chevy Wagon - Californa Dreamin'

I've got a bunch of parts ready to go out for powder coating, so I took a couple of hours yesterday and did some spray out cards with colors I'm considering for my project. I'm partial to silvers and greys, so I dug thru my paint box and pulled everything I had. Also went to my local paint supplier and had him mix some 1/4 pint samples of a few other colors I've seen and liked.

I sprayed a total of 11 samples and have pretty well decided on Mercedes Benz Iridium Silver (yellow arrows) for the exterior and either GM Storm Grey on the left or (cough:cough) Ford Tungsten Grey on the right for the chassis. I'll take the samples with me and see what they offer that matches my choices the best. I've used these guys for several previous builds and they have a ton of colors, plus they'll order anything I like they may not have on hand. They've powder coated a large selection of colors on aluminum cans and have them hung on a large white board for comparison. That way you can see what you're actually going to get as opposed to chip charts that don't always give an accurate view.

Now if I can just get the last of my parts from the media blaster, I'll be ready for a day trip.

The engine builder sent me the PRO number for my shipment. It should be here at the local terminal ready for pickup on Friday. No word yet on the delivery date for the trans and converter, but hopefully won't be long.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote