Thread: 47-55.1 LED Headlights
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 09:43 PM   #7
mr48chev

Re: LED Headlights

A new pair of Cibies and 100/55 H-4 bulbs and a set of relays will light up your world and look right.

I had those in my 48 minus the relays years ago and you never run out of light if have them adjusted right. The best light I have had on any vehicle I have owned in the 57 years I have had a drivers license.

A high output led in the same (new) Cibie 82440 light unit might be better yet.

I realize some guys especially guys who are new to the hobby are really caught up in what is the latest hot lick fad thing on the "gotta have to be a cool guy" list but those things aren't always the best and often look real dated a few months or a couple of years after the fad wears out. The main thing here is headlights that light up the world and throw light that you can actually see down the road with and see far enough ahead even on low beam that you can avoid issues.

I'll add this though, old H-4 lights that have been around a while aren't worth wasting your time on. the reflectors degrade after a time and that includes Cibies. Cheap Ebay lights for the most part aren't worth fooling with.
If you have to go cheap go with this Ebay seller as the lights he sells work and work well https://www.ebay.com/sch/rimiinc/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from= The only thing is that some of them don't fit in the holder very well. His lights are still the best cheap ebay lights hands down.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 12-12-2019 at 09:53 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote