Thread: 1970 Nova....
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 01:44 PM   #3
bs46488

Re: 1970 Nova....

2 years later.....July 2015

Anyways, I've made a little progress and also back tracked a little at the same time, so I thought I'd post an update.

I was plugging away at the car for a good while.

So then whenever I would start the big block to drive it into the driveway to work on it. I'd have to listen to my wife complain for about 2-3 days about how loud the car was and how bad it smelled. Then in my other ear, I have my father (who taught me all this car stuff) saying the same thing over and over again LS motor, LS motor, LS motor. So I finally caved to both of them and figured I could buy an LS motor and solve the old car smell for my wife and also take the advice of my father.

So I decided to pull the big block and put it on an engine stand and make room for an LS in the Nova. Here is the Nova with its engine removed. You can also see my engine stand in the background (and my father). Typically engine stands are red, but mine seems to look a little primer gray with a hideous orange firewall:

Here is the latest on with the nova. I'm back to researching and buying more parts for the LS conversion. I'm hoping to get it back to running, stopping, and steering over the summer. (I'm also hoping to have the truck as "driving project" by then too")

bs46488 is offline   Reply With Quote