View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 09:11 PM   #38
Super_Dave

1974 C20 "Project BABA YAGA!"

Okay, time for a brief update. (Photos to follow)

Last weekend, I installed new door rubbers. It's about 90% quieter, and considerably more air-tight as we do have to close the doors harder. We used the nice press-fit rubber seals. If the window is cracked a bot, the doors do close easier.

My brother, middle son and I spent the last two days swapping the nice built 350 into the C20 and setting the original motor aside for future rebuild and use in another vehicle for my daughter.

We have a minor carburetor issue to resolve as it runs out great bit has a rough idle (nearly wants to stall out) while idling under load... neutral, accelerating, or cruising is great. It's a new Edelbrock and we are only getting idle adjustment from one of the adjustment screws... so that's a contributor as well.

Another issue is the Temp gauge (L-H) wants to peg all the time. The motor runs cool, so it's not really overheating. I have to look into the sending unit that we initially had installed in the 305 when it was in the International. It worked flawlessly there. So something is different with the C20 with regards to what the gauge is expecting to receive and what it is actually getting.

We have a full set of KYB shocks and rubber cab/radiator core support mounts to install, as well as some miscellaneous rubber parts like hood stops, etc.

We have new hinge pins for all four hinges and the S-spring stops to install.

... wife is calling for dinner... gotta go!

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."

Last edited by Super_Dave; 04-20-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote