View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 07:24 PM   #42
Super_Dave

1974 C20 "Project BABA YAGA!"

Well... here is the initial start on the build.

BABA YAGA GETS A NEW HEART!

I couldn't line up any help from local members over the past couple of months, but I was able to sell the 98 Exploder and two 74 Internationals to get enough cash to make the swap and do some minor mechanical repairs. The focus will be on mechanical first then body, paint and interior.

My brother has his one man shop in McMinnville and it keeps him really busy. I cajoled him into helping me as my L5 vertebra is dislocated and pinching nerves, and sometimes pressing my spinal cord, due to a condition called Spondylolisthesis and life is not too comfortable at the moment.

I will just toss up the photos for the time being, as I haven't figured out how to list them in the post and put specific comments on each one...

Two days worth of removing a built 350 from the defunct International build (live and learn...), removing the old OEM 350 from the '74 C20 and setting it aside for future use, then installing the new 350 in the C20.

My brother did the lion's share of the heavy lifting, You can see my brother Nate is three of the photos. He is a master of making things work, adapting on the fly and just constantly troubleshooting. It's amazing to watch him work. I am fortunate he had time to fit me into his schedule and was willing to work on his Saturday; a typical day off.

Looking forward to the 500 mile break-in period on the motor then getting some of the minor mechanical work done... New KYB shocks, full hinge repairs on both doors, cab/radiator support bushing replacements, etc.
Attached Images

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."

Last edited by Super_Dave; 04-20-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote