View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 04:29 PM   #13
KyFarm

Re: '69K10, Build/Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstone View Post
The ram horns won't be so tall looking after you have the motor in the truck with all of the rest of the components installed. Is there a particular reason as to why you wanted the ram horns? I'd imagine better performance without the loudness, volume or done inside the cab that a header typically produces...?

Even though you don't have access to water, I would want to jump in the engine bay and at least use a scraper to remove the thicker layers of gunk, maybe even soak everything with degreaser so when the time comes it will be an easier task.

Brian
I didn't have much luck with the headers on the BB402 that I'm replacing. These have 1 5/8 runners and a 2 1/2" collector so I'm hoping that they are decent performance wise and better on heat management. Gonna get them ceramic coated after break-in.

I did pretty much in the engine bay with exactly as you described. Cleaner and a plastic scraper. Its decently clean(ish)

Been doing some farm work this week cause of the good weather, rain coming back next week so I hope to get the motor in, then ignition work starts!

1969 K-10, Short Step, (383HT/4L70E soon)-NP205
KyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote