View Single Post
Old 04-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #108
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

I have a few updates from this past weekend.

So, i was going to use CaptainFabs power steering conversion bracket which is actually awesome, but after some frustrations with what i bought for suspenson upgrades i decided that it is best if just went with Rack & Pinion. So, POL sells a complete bolt in kit with no major frame modifications required and works with Bags and lowered, so i went that direction. Pics of that to come.
Also, I had the stock Rear rebuilt completely, all new internals, new Posi, new 3:42 gears and then i got a nice aluminium cover. Well i did no know that if you do this and lower the truck alot (ie see c-notch and bags) that the standard adjustable trac arm will not work with the aftermarket cover! So, CPP sells a bent and longer arm that does work, so its on the way now, pics to come.
But with that all said, i got the front and rear roll bars in, both CPP.
Also, the frame brace has two mounting holes to select from, if you are lowering the truck alot, go with the set of holes towards the rear of the truck, not the front set, lesson learned here. But after adjusting that and mounting the trailing arms in the top holes on the frame brace, it lined up very well.
Attached Images

88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote