View Single Post
Old 02-14-2021, 03:26 PM   #8
mr48chev

Re: Moving to Dallas.....could use some advice and be nice to meet some tuck folks...

Remembering back when I lived in Texas in the 70's I had a club member named Johnny who drove a blue 40 Ford Sedan and went to rod runs just about every weekend and never spent a night away from home. He drove from Waco to Brownsville for a show once and returned home the same day. Drove from Waco to Tulsa for the 73 Street Rod nationals, spent one day and returned home that night. I think they did spend the weekend in San Antonio once when the whole club went down for an event.

Back in the 70's when a lot of Texas counties were "dry" it wasn't uncommon to drive over 100 miles one way to the first place you could buy beer out in West Texas.

When the blue bonnets bloom in the spring it is just fun to get in the car with your camera and drive with your only agenda being to take photos and find a good place to stop and eat.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote