View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 08:08 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Re: Japanese Tin Trucks

Cool tin litho Chevys! I have some in my collection, too. Mostly moving company trucks, like Bekins and North American that I recall. My favorite is the Popeye Transit Co. one. Mine are all Chevy or GMC. They are packed away with the more precious stuff till the day I build cases... for the day I have room for them... for the day I....

It's funny, I hated this stuff when I was a kid. These are where I learned about Cheap Jap Crap. The made these fragile tin vaguely similar replicas they had to put a friction motor in to have something, while the USA and Europe produced accurate replicas of substantial material like pressed steel or diecast that didn't need a gimmick motor that didn't last long . I was hard on quality and value even back then.

Even when I started collection vintage truck toys as an adult, my interest was in Made In USA and very well built quality. But eventually the addict part of collection led to branching off into anything from the era because compared to today it is all very neat!

Sorry no pictures, but I did find a picture of the Popeye one while searching for a Bekins one
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote