View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 12:44 AM   #11
esbstuff

Re: 2 be or 4 not to be? Lifts, that is the question.

Hey I just went though 6 months of back and forth with lifts... Literally a hundred hours of research and pricing of every lift sold in the US. I feel your pain!

Hands down the best answer is a Challenger V-Symmetric, 10k 2 post lift. A V-Symmetric is the best of both worlds of Symmetric (which is for rear wheel drive vehicles) and A-Symmetric lifts (which are for front wheel drive cars). The Challenger V-Symmetric lift lifts the top 50 vehicles sold in the US. The key is the front arms have a 90 degree bend in them.

I actually bought a pair from the local O'Reilly's for $9247 installed, tax included. O'Reilly's price matched the lowest bid I could come up with, plus I could buy from my favorite parts person which was worth a lot to me. That made his sales month for sure! I realize you can buy a cheaper lift, but you get what you pay for. What's a few extra bucks when that cheaper lift fails with a vehicle on it?

Don't be a tight butt and try to save the installation. The installers will be there a few hours and you can put your first vehicle on it before they leave. PLUS if it is installed by them you get lots of extra warranty time.

Also don't be fooled into buying a cheaper version of a name brand lift. The reason its a cheap version is because there are cheaper parts installed/used. The cheaper lefts sometimes have a crappy warranty to boot. When you actually compare apples to apples the Challenger V-Symmetric is the way to go.
Attached Images

Last edited by esbstuff; 05-27-2015 at 12:01 PM.
esbstuff is offline   Reply With Quote