View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 10:53 AM   #422
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Elwood" the 77_remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodstored-72 View Post
ken.
your attention to detail is exceptional as well as your focus. I wait with baited breath to see what is up your sleeve each day.... LOL. I do have a few "general" questions for you though. you probably have covered this at some point (but just recently decided to try my hand at a "squarebody" Would you recommend a air suspension on a daily driver (around 20mi/day) or for maintanence a static drop suspension? i would be looking at around a 3-5 drop. i know opinions vary but i trust your knowledge & experience. thank you for the time & now.....

..... back to your regular scheduled entertainment....
I truly appreciate your kind words of support.
If an air suspension is done properly there is no reason why it cant be used on a daily driver. Keep in mind almost every big rig, and motor home on the road use air springs.

Air suspension becomes unreliable when its installed improperly, or low quality components are used in the system. The bags and air lines must be DOT approved, and the valves must be bubble tight. Go with RideTech and you will never go wrong.

With that said, if your only looking at a 3/5 drop I would start with static drop. Use 3" front spindles unless your sticking with 15" wheels. Add a flip kit in the rear and your set. If you decide to add air later you still keep everything you have bought already.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote