View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 01:36 AM   #7
Cue-Ball

Re: Who's running wheel spacers with the stock rallies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
FYI - the rear track width is 1.5" narrow per side, 3" total.

I guess I am rambling, as my input is ignored....someone may find it useful.

1" spacers on front, 1.5" on the rear. Late model 7" Rallys all around
You mentioned in your first post that you were running 7" wheels. I have no clue what backspacing those wheels have, and without that info it's like comparing apples and oranges. If they're 0 offset (3.75" backspacing), then your front tires would be .5" further out on each side than stock (a 1" spacer, but a .5" shallower wheel) and your rear would be 1" further out on each side than stock (1.5" spacer, but again a .5" shallower wheel). So even with the spacers, your rear track is still narrower than the front. It looks like you've got plenty of clearance, but it's hard to tell from the angle of the pics (The truck looks tough though!).

Those are just guesstimates since I don't know the actual backspacing of those wheels. In any case, it looks like at least a few guys have done this successfully. I'm going to take some measurements tomorrow and see what I can fit without rubbing. It sounds like 1" spacers will fit on the rear without any issues, but I'd like to get my wheels as flush as possible without cutting the sidewall. Perhaps 1.25" or 1.5" spacers would fit. Even if I have to roll the lips, I'd like to get the most flush fit I can.
Cue-Ball is offline   Reply With Quote