View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #93
Mustard72

Re: 72 C20 "Old Mustard"

Got the drivers side front lower pillar patch in today. I removed the original steel as much as I could without getting into the caged hinge nuts. Unfortunately, this left some thinner steel and made burning holes kinda easy. On the surface with the hinge nuts, I did the first but joint. The rest of these welds have all been lap joints. Turned out pretty good, other than a little bit of burning from the aforementioned thin steel. I'm going to use the inner frame rust converter/sealer with the long hose and spray nozzle from Eastwood to seal the insides of both of the front pillars. Planning to go through one of hte inner hinge screw holes with the hose and just coat the insides of the pillars. Anybody else done this?

Also got the lower kick panel patched up on the drivers side. Forgot to take a pic of it before welding in the patch. Still got some more welding to do on this one.

Popped out my instrument cluster, too. It's the plain jane variety, and I'm planning to install some aftermarket oil pressure and water temperature gauges in it. Maybe voltmeter. Anybody measuring tranny temperature?
Attached Images

Old Mustard, 1972 Chevy C20, 350, TH350, 4.10 Dana 60 rear, owned since I was 16 in 1986
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=545356

Blue Bell, 1987 K20, 6.2L Diesel, TH400/NP208, 4.10 gears

Ustahav 1976 K10, 350/350/203, Gov Loc, Yooper beater trail truck.
Mustard72 is offline   Reply With Quote