View Single Post
Old 06-29-2020, 02:43 PM   #1253
Root2812

Re: 53 Surburban "Family Truckster"

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Well let me start off by saying that due to cyber bullying I decided that I needed to get out in the garage and accomplish something. I don't want to name the source of the bullying as I would not want any ill will toward the offending party. It just wouldn't be fair to Advance Design (Doug)....

I installed my frame mounted brake pedal/booster set up. I think this is right. All of the holes lined up here. I was lucky as I filled a lot of the holes before I remembered that I needed to install my pedal set up. There were no instructions so I tried to use common sense. You know how that can go....Let me know if this does not look right to anyone.

I also treated the lower third of the body and rear wheel wells with POR15. I plan to seam seal then coat the same areas with raptor liner which is kind of like a spray on bed liner.

I also removed the rear brace and will start planning my gas tank solution.

On to the pics

Marc,
Did you have any clearance issues with the master cylinder now that you have your transmission and exhaust in? I'm looking at the CPP kit which is similar physical size to the one you got. How far does the lowest point of the booster/master extend below the frame rail or inward? If you can help me with those two measurements I can figure out if it will work with my set up. I really want to avoid a master on the firewall.

Btw, Your burb is looking awesome.