View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 12:20 PM   #40
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Gas Tank Relocation-Thoughts?

I bought an Early Classics Enterprises stainless steel rear mount tank in 2003 as I had gas smell in cab after filling and wife really didn't want to go in the truck when it smelled but she did over the years and one of the many reasons she is still my wife. I was pretty naive about the trucks and didn't realize what was involved to install the rear mount tank. Anyone I could find to do it wanted more money than I was willing to pay to have it installed. I sold that truck in 2014 and still hadn't installed the tank but kept it. I bought another truck in 2014 which I still have and during last Winter talking with a friend he had a friend that was capable of installing my tank and wanted to do the job and quoted me a very reasonable price to do it. So in May that just past I had the tank installed and am real happy. First thing I noticed is that the cab is quieter without the tank in it and I find the truck rides better, smoother, and handles better but that is probably from the rear Hellwig Sway bar that was added at the same time. As has been said going to rear tank is a personal choice as is many other upgrades and changes that are made to our trucks.
Attached Images

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021

Last edited by Already Gone; 07-03-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote