View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #75
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

57truckguy: This truck came stock with a 6cyl, so more than likely it has the springs for that. And no, I have not pulled my rear diff cover off again to look at the gears for the ratio again. Busting my heater on Saturday put a damper on doing things in the garage right now. You can only bundle up so much to fight the coldness, but if you have to wear thermal gloves, then there isnt going to much wrenching going on....

Rooster's 67: thanks for the links, I will start reading those here in a few minutes! I was actually looking at an 85 Sierra last night as a donor rig. It has all the parts I am wanting, to include the 350ci, which the fellow says is a crate engine with only 20k miles on it.... It does sound good though, and no smoke, ticks, pings, squeels, or whines.
Once I secure the parts or a donor rig, I plan on hitting CapFab up for the adaption plates for the Master Cylinder and the Power Steering Gearbox. I figure ordering both at once will be better than one at a time.

And by the way Rooster, I absolutely LOVE that quote of yours!!

flips72: Thanks for the input, I will probably wait until I get the 350 in the cradle and see how low it sits. Then if I want it lower, either order the drop springs or cut the ones I have.

Thanks for all the replies guys! The more you all tell me the more I learn and the less boo-boos I make. This way if it all doesnt go according to plan, I can claim it was all according to prophesy!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote