View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
west9378

Re: My Grandads 1969 C20

Cab was glass blasted yesterday and there is not a panel on the cab that is not rusted, even the inside roof of the cab is rusted, back glass top and bottom, inner kick panels, etc. I am at the point if I could find a replacement panel for the rear of the cab I would be very happy. I am going to do the work to fix all of this and for my piece of mind I think I will have a brand new 1969 cab HA HA. I will add pictures this afternoon or tomorrow. The chassis has not changed at all still have the front drive axel apart and ready for new bearings and seals. I am taking a 3 from the 8 leafs from the rear springs and adding air bags for extra support I went to Southern Kentucky classics and got the floor, outer rocker and rear lower cab patch panels. The 700r4 transmission will be rebuilt this week with commercial heavy duty parts and a short rear tail shaft from bowtie overdrives that allows me to bolt the transmission directly to the transfer case. We will check out the transfer case maybe put new bushings, etc.. Anyone got ideas for aluminum wheels 8 lug for this truck I would like to find something that looked 1969 1970 ish.
I hope many new pics this week with progress maybe a rolling chassis!!!!!
west9378 is offline   Reply With Quote