View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 12:03 AM   #1
tim71

Well...We finally put one back on the road today

After 2 1/2 years of mostly fun times and watching some $$ disappear, my Blazer build finally hit the streets today. It's not 100% complete, but at the point where it can be driven. The hood just went on and it isn't cooperating and hopefully the top will go on this coming week. I've had a terrible time getting the power brakes to function properly or it would have been on the road 3-4 weeks ago. Now they're working good after replacing the new mc, booster and prop valve. Two sets of new brake components and I really can't say what fixed the proplem. The new brass prop valve is ugly.

So, maiden voyage was to a church parking lot about a mile from my house and back. No real issues, good temp, good brakes and a nice breeze in my face. There is a cruise in/car show at a Lowes about 10 miles from me every Saturday, so I thought that this cruise in would be a good destination. I was nervous as heck, picturing being broke down, or a traffic accident or maybe one of my wheels coming off. Blazer drove like a champ with no issues. Blazer seemed to be a hit at the cruise in, had a crowd around it constantly.

Here's some photos of an Indiana Blazer that went back on the road today and now has 24 miles on it. Once Blazer is 100% (if that ever happens) I'm thinking maybe of posting a summary of the 30 month build on the build page.
Attached Images

tim71 is offline   Reply With Quote