Thread: Penny
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2023, 08:40 AM   #95
LT7A

Re: Penny

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwcarpenter98 View Post
Thanks for reading through the thread and for the advice on the paint. I would like to make the paint look a little better once I get the truck back on the road, so just might have to give that a try.
I pulled a sneaky on y'all. There's 2 more black jack stands supporting the truck, but they're just behind the front cab mounts, so I wanted the single one under the front cross member to help support the full weight of the engine and front end. I would not trust just one jack stand to balance the truck like that

I'm slowly working through a rattle can restoration on the rest of the suspension parts. Figured I should make it look a little better than just leaving everything rusty. That is one thing I didn't do the first time on my 63 and later regretted. Sure it'll take a bit longer to complete, but the truck will look a little bit nicer underneath than just rusty
I see the other jackstands now

PM me if you want more info on my semi-patented (not at all : ) paint rejuvenation process. It's not that unusual, just geared to save as much of the remaining paint as I can, while adding clarity and some shine.

I like your idea of getting the suspension parts painted. It occurred to me that it doesn't just look nice, it'll help preserve them too.
LT7A is offline   Reply With Quote