View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 11:59 AM   #206
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: My Facetruck thread.

Yep, you asked for it.

My son came home for Christmas and he hasn't left the couch since. He has Norovirus. At one point he was on all fours, pushed up say 6" off the couch, not because he was chucking, he was trying to find some level of comfort. Never quite visualized that before. I bleached the place.

My mother and step-father aren't doing well.

Mom has kicked breast cancer's azz twice, the first in 97 with chemo and radiation, the second three years ago. She kicked lung cancer's azz too, in 2011, and that's with two collapsed lungs.....She's regressing some mentally and more physically. Everything is a big deal.

My step-father is a Vietnam Colonel. He's 87, and has smoked since he was seven. He still walks better than most in their 60s, but his mind is deteriorating. He continues to make for great conversation, and we're a lot alike. If you didn't know my dad you'd think he were my dad. The guy quit drinking scotch on a dime two years ago, and not so much as a beer since. My only complaint is he was hilarious under a 2-4 drink daily spell. My parents won't leave their two-story house.

After being together 36ish years, married near 32, and three kids 18 to 31 years old, I'm currently determining how we split the sheets, which I'm presenting to "my ex" (has nice ring to it) next week. Heck yeah man, I chose the 71 over my wife.

More seriously, this is long time coming and worse by the day, but she doesn't much care for the project. The Chevy is not guilty if I say up she says down. I give the decision a thumb's up man, and I'm looking forward to it. But wholly *&%(*%(, doesn't come cheap. The place is nearly paid for and I'm not going anywhere, meaning the balance is going to be 40Kish more than it was to begin with, in 2001
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote