View Single Post
Old 09-25-2017, 11:51 AM   #35
MCB Matt

Re: ***NEW*** Ridetech StreetGrip kits and components! MUST SEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmo View Post
dear ride tech

recently acquired this here restored 1972 Chev Blazer 4x4, lift kit. has a 454 CI crate engine, straight from GM with barely 1000 miles on it now. 4 speed too.
but I’m blowing universal joints under load. first the rear most one before the diff, and then the forward one behind the transfer case. some breakage on the flanges too, but hard to know which came first. had to pick up off the road my damn drive shaft, twice.

some folks say its due the lift, and the angle the drive shaft has to go down from transfer case to rear end. i doubt it, as plenty of transport trucks driving around with similar set ups.

here’s what i’m thinking: gets a huge amount of body twist under even moderate acceleration. i reckon it’s this twisting/ shearing force.
i had a couple leafs removed from the rear, attempting to lower it. would contribute to the axle torque.

needs anti sway bars bad. possible more frame support cross members.

Id like your thoughts to what this is symptom? i see you've anti sway bars in stock. put something together for me.

I await you,

Mark Bennett
PM on the way.
Thanks
Matt
925-828-5555

www.mcbparts.com
Email: forums@mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts

Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!
MCB Matt is offline   Reply With Quote