View Single Post
Old 05-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #3
tdangle

Re: Trans Cable Shifter Linkage

Quote:
Originally Posted by derotoreut View Post
I considered the cable mounted shifter, but went with the Lokar ACA-1800 rod style. I've heard that the cable shifter wasn't as good as the hard rod style, but I don't have the experience to confirm that. I'm still trying to get mine dialed in on my 5.3L/4L60E swap. I can't get the rod style to shift in all gears. Seems like a lot of variables that can be adjusted like the clocking of the arm on the transmission, where to lock down the heim joint on the arm and position of the arm on the column. I guess I'll have to just keep trying different things. Good luck with yours.
Start off with the linkage about half way in the adjustment slot at the trans Put your shifter in park and then your trans in park. adjust the rod so both are at part settings. if it wont go all the way to the lower gears, then move the attachment on the trans further away from the shifter bolt. you will need to readjust the rod length. and retry. this method worked great for me, since as you move the connect further from the shifter select shaft of the trans, you will have more travel. Hopefully this all makes sense.

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote