View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #83
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Bit more progress this weekend. Got both doors sounded insulated with some deadening from Amazon. I did the entire inside of the outer shell and several spots on the inside of the inner shell. It makes the door feel super solid when shutting it compared to before.

After the deadening was installed I was able to reinstall the vent wing and regulator and main glass on the drivers side. I STRUGGLED heavily when trying to get the glass back in the regulator. I removed them without much difficulty but couldn't it back in for the life of me... Eventually got it.. I just have the RH door now.

Today I rebuilt the RH vent wing. Still difficult but went together better now that I had done one. I trimmed the vertical seal to fit better and the install went better.

Ive been researching what I wanted to do with the audio for the truck. I thought I had decided on a retrosound but didn't really want to spend the money on it plus an amp to provide reasonable power.

I did some searching around and decided on this kenwood amp with bluetooth remote. It fits the opening of the cluster bezel just about right. Ill put a piece of plastic behind it or something to cover up the knob holes, etc. I plan to install the compact amp under the seat...hopefully.

And just another pic for motivation. I need to get the tail light wiring ran so I can finish off the lighting on the rear end. Ole girl still needs a bath bad.