Thread: 55.2-59 Pre-ownership inquiries.
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2020, 09:13 PM   #2
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Re: Pre-ownership inquiries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68shortwide View Post
Was recently offered an amazing deal on a '55 panel delivery. Factory suspension, i6/3spd and alot of amateur body "repairs". I have always loved this particular style, this particular rig, and I'm 90% screaming "DO IT!" on the inside. The few questions I have are as follows...
1. How screwed are we for repair panels on the rockers and rear valance, possibly rear doors? I cant see the back of the truck yet so I'm not sure how deep this goes.
2. Common chassis swaps? As much as I appreciate *feeling* the ride of the 1950s. I'd really like to use it as much as possible within the family so a disc brake IFS would be nice at the minimum, maybe helper bags in the back so I have both ride quality and carrying capacity? Provisions for SB/BB and an overdrive. I've read that S10 frames are common swaps but I'd be looking at something heavier duty?
3. Why are you all so nice on here? I've skimmed through the first 5 pages of this subsection and everyone is so civil here. lol
I have nothing technical for you, but it seems that troublemakers take about 5 skips before they are out of the pond.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote