Thread: 55.2-59 Pre-ownership inquiries.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 03:10 AM   #24
68shortwide

Re: Pre-ownership inquiries.

Always willing to blindly jump into new projects, I picked up a set of ratty vent windows and a used gauge cluster to rebuild. Ended up snapping the speedometer needle off. Looked at a new one and realized I'd run into the same problem pulling the speedo faceplate off. Had a very nice gentleman offer his advice on rebuilding it so I'll be contacting him Monday. Drilled the rivets on the vent window frame to pull the original glass frames and gaskets out, is there a source and/or tool for the pins/rivets used in the window frame assembly? I'd like to learn as much as I can and not just buy new assemblies of anything whenever possible.

Interesting note, when I looked at the truck it appeared to have a passenger door panel, but looking at pictures and noticing there's no real door panels available for the TFs I guess it's just a different door that was stuck on and painted to match on the exterior. Having half a mind to restore the interior of the truck, restore the engine bay and chassis, but leave the exterior with as much character as possible after the rust is fixed.
1968 ShortWide
1969 ShortStep
68shortwide is offline   Reply With Quote