View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 06:07 AM   #42
special-K
Special Order

Re: ATHS National Show '15

496-500

Glad you're liking them s far. These are all true "snap shots". I try to stop in the right place, frame it up, and snap before someone walks into it. I may miss the tips of stacks or a bit of one end, but hopefully most turned out decent.

It's really something to consider what the fellers go through to bring these trucks for folks to see. No judging, no prize, no trophies, just love of trucks. I talked with guys from Alberta to Florida. El turbo, the famous California '49 Peterbuilt, was there. I think it gets trailered, but that puppy has 6 million miles on the clock!

farm truck to mining, Examples from by-gone national fleets to custom privateers, door to door milk trucks to fuel oil delivery and canopy express fruit wagons, a three day museum of commercial vehicles. I'd love to make it to Oregon next year for the NW trucks. There was one fine red L Mack logger there. You'll see it coming up. Look close at these trucks and you may find some exceptional features. Like that old IH with extended nose a few back. Don't know the story but you can figure it was for a bigger power plant. Factory-built customs. That's what is cool about trucks. If there's a need it will be built
Attached Images

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote