View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #6
84chevyguyid

Re: Question using a Dodge NP241DLD X-fer case

I had a friend piece together a transfer case for my build. I found a pass drop 241 out of a 90 suburban and thats what I started with. I started with a 2 wheel drive crew cab and found some 1990 dodge one ton axles with the 3.55 gears to put under it. That gave me a pass side pumpkin. Anyway I ended up sticking an 06 allison from a duramax behind my 12 valve so my friend was able to find an input shaft from a 261 or 263 transfer case that had the allison splines and would fit the bearing in my 241 case then he was able to find a tail housing that fit the 241 that has the mechanical speedo drive. The output shaft is set up for the tone wheel for the speed sensor and I had to narrow up a speedometer gear a touch on each end and then it fit the shaft. Maybe go to the local trans shop and see if they can come up with the right pieces to build what you need. It seems like the mechanical speedo case parts were from a dodge but I cant recall the year but it seems like it was only a one year setup so it might be a little hard to find.
84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote