Thread: Cgt project
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 03:05 PM   #148
SCOTI

Re: Cgt project

Quote:
Originally Posted by vet57air View Post
Thx. I did give up on the intake as I could not meet the GM requirements and came up with another design.
I plan to install the new rear wheels which have 1" less backspace... wish me luck. I will have 1/2" of clearance to box sides at ride height but on full compression on both sides it will reduce to 1/8". My issue with these trucks is due to the shape of the box sides when you go this low it requires you to pull the wheel in. I want it out as much as possible.
The front wheels are another story. I bought my Budnik wheels from a shop here in Canada that I have dealt with for 30 years. The fronts would not fit over the Wilwood 6 piston brakes. Back in September Budnik said they would make proper ones and they would fast track-4 weeks. Well after that it was another week, another 10 days etc. Same thing in Jan. I posted the issue on Lateral-g website and immediately got a reply from Jason Swain from Budnik. Says "they just got the material" should be done in 10 days. That was the beginning of last week. I called them again and talked to Sheila Budnik who said they should be ready this week. Has been very frustrating......sorry for the rant.
Yes sir, I can imagine. I've seen/followed the thread on Lat-g as well.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote