View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #43
66Submarine

Re: 4bt cummins swap

Oh, come on...
Quote:
*Sigh*

Yes submarine.. the 292 was the uber bestest engine ever.
*Sigh*
I never said or inferred that in any way.
Quote:
454 (7.43L) sparker vs. a 6.2L naturally aspirated diesel? not really apples to apples.....
My point is that the 6.2 diesel was about as gutless as anything GM ever decided to put in a truck, and was a diesel. A 350 would also run circles around it, FWIW.
Quote:
There was a reason in 2004 that the 6.6L Duramax was tow rated for an additional 5,000 lbs over the 8.1L Vortec [They are backed by the EXACT same allison A1000 transmission]

(even though the 8.1 vortec made more HP and torque than the 6.6)
Because the Duramax is designed/intended for heavier continuous usage.
Quote:
454 (7.4L) sparkers are just slobber-knockers.... most 454's get spanked in a race by 5.3 small blocks these days {Since thats you were talking about}
Never said they would run with the late model stuff.
Quote:
The 292 was a school bus/dump truck engine in the 70's like the 454.
Yes.
Quote:
The 4BT is comparable with a chevy 350 in terms of performance moving a truck.
Then why were they used in applications that previously used sixes? What trucks came with 4BT's from the factory?
Quote:
4BT/TH400 will beat a 292/TH350 in a race in a same weighted truck.
As I said before, power=speed. The engine with 50% more power wins in a drag race (unless you are too dumb to figure out how to make it run).
Quote:
Sorry you don't understand torque curves.. but please stop trolling on the forum... (in this and other posts we've noticed recently on your posts).
I'm sorry you don't, and I'm also sorry you know absolutely everything and can't possibly learn anything new. Glad you are keeping tabs on me, but how exactly am I "trolling"? Like this?
Quote:
...BTW, I'll again add that I'm not saying the diesel thing sucks; I just think that it's a little over-glorified today...
...Yeah, I think they are neat (like I said before)...
...Again; I'm not knocking the diesel stuff, but it's not what some people make it out to be IMO...
I'm not seeing it. In fact, you are the one that seemingly does nothing but troll posts for the chance to post up your totally-never-been-done-before 5.3 swap.
Quote:
6.0L gasser will not outpull a 12V cummins.... lol troll 6.0L' gassers at a truck pull? not exactly
You're right, all those guys are running totally stock trucks they use to hotshot with in their spare time, not blowing heads off running 100+PSI.
Quote:
If your arguing dyno numbers with a diesel, just stop....your missing the whole point of it.
Yeah, because with a diesel the righteous hand of God himself pushes you up that hill. No way you can measure that.

Example:
Magically enough, that truck also makes a ton of HP that is measurable on a dyno. Weird.

BTW, look at what I have; a Cummins diesel head being prepped for a hotrod truck. Yeah, I've never seen any crap like that before.

You guys really showed me.

Can we act like adults again, please?
Attached Images