View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
sstpeach

1960 235 CU 6 cylinder-HELP PLEASE!

Hello,
Need some help please. I purchased this straight six with the three speed for $200 dollars.

#1 question: my engine has some tappet on the right side of the block. (second picture, bottom right, has red hard line attached to it) Was this once set up with an external oil filter and someone removed? If so, any guidance on replacement?

#2 question: please view second picture, to the lower left of exhaust manifold. What goes in the three holes that are filled with the white caulk? What attaches to the gold tappet just to the right of these?

#3 question: the engine did not come with the oil breather that sits on top of the carburetor. Can I just do away with this and install a normal air filter setup?

#4 question: engine mounts, I've seen pictures of other straight six setups. Does LMC Truck sell these, I plan to call on Monday to see what they have to say. If not, where can I locate? The engine I have has front mounts attached to the engine, I never even knew they came with front mounts.

#5 question: any recommendations on literature that would tell me what goes where on this engine and what it looks like. I've found pics on our site, sure would like to read on though.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
thank,
steve
Attached Images

sstpeach is offline   Reply With Quote