View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #15
Ziegelsteinfaust

Re: Why aren't classic Suburbans "popular"??

Of the vehicles you mentioned they are what I call right sized vehicles. Just big enough for 4 people, but small enough to go a lot more places. Also to some extent all the vehicles were halo vehicles. They were built with the best stuff the factory's had to offer. Not like a Jeep that had weakish axles, and a 4 pot stock. The land cruiser had better axles, and a 6 holer stock. Plus it could take a SBC much easier with out as much worry for the axles. The land rover well people like forbidden fruit, and through british engineering. Most failed to proceed or rusted away long ago. Also land rover made a show of all the places you could take one followed by a team of factory engineers to keep it going. You know british engineering.

What has GM, Ford, or Jeep have done to make you really want the most capable vehicle. I am not talking a bunch of db hipster overly editied garbage. They don't sponsor anything to show how legitimate the vehicles are. Toyota has ISIS. What do right thinking Americans have?

The 67-72 Suburban while my favorite for styling is 5x more popular then square body versions. Both of which carry the stigma of family vehicle.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote