View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 04:58 PM   #2407
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 1972 Chevy 4wd Longhorn Project: Never Ending Changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by watahyahknow View Post
fillerneck looks nice . about the ribs in the floor : cant you get a metal shop to bend up a plate for you that matches the original ?
might be cheaper then cutting up an existing bed (you did say they all rust at that spot)
or buy some extra tools and make youre own :
I mainly want another steel floor and part of another so I can do another steel floor conversion in a Longhorn bed. I probably could have a patch bent by a shop but that custom one off stuff at places like that around here gets expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads79GMC View Post
Looking good!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbclassix View Post
I used Boyd Welding for the fittings in the cooling system. I am very happy with them so far.

Same deal with patch panels here... I hate the fitment.

I am interested to see what you do for the suspension valve. For some reason I thought you used a standard leveling valve originally.
Originally I was going to put a regular leveling valve on and then I stumbled on to the little larry valves. I wanted it because it would run the front and rear individually so when I did the front I'd be set. Currently I have the RH and LH bags separated and use 1 valve to run each bag. I don't like it as much as the old leveling valve I had. I thought about putting both rear bags on 1 valve on the little larry touche', but if I'm going to make changes, it's coming off the truck.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote