View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 06:17 PM   #306
SCOTI

Re: My 89 CC Dually: Double Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricU View Post
Scoti, as the resident home builder of low fat C30s and my C30 project has spiraled out of control to a full PB Front and Rear bag install, I have a couple of questions for you (I apologize if you already answered them and I missed the answers):"?

Quote:
1) Are you running AC? If so, when laid out, how close does the passenger side tire come to the factor AC dryer and housing?
Yes, the truck has the factory a/c equipment on the firewall. When laid out, there is less than an inch of clearance (~1/2" w/29" tall front tire).

Quote:
2) What did you do for inner front fenders?
I have a set of SloshTubz installed that I won in a raffle. I would modify some original inners if possible before paying $600 for a set that would need to be modified (both to clear the a/c stuff on the firewall & to close-out/seal the compartment better). I know he now makes a 'mild' version which might be improved & clear the a/c but the set I have just does not keep dust/dirt from entering the engine bay. I can clean under-hood for a Sat night cruise & put the truck away nice & clean. 2-3 weeks later after not being moved, I get to do it all over again. The engine compartment will be covered in dust/dirt from just the wind blowing in the parking lot.

Quote:
3) On your tailgate Blazer filler mod - How did you get a panel that doesn't have the holes for "Chevrolet"?
The OE Blazer panel I originally used did not have holes. It was crunched within the first 2wks on the road when someone hit the back of the truck. I replaced it w/a panel from LMC & it didn't have holes either....
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote