View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 01:12 PM   #20
tucsonjwt

Re: NAPA disappointment

I have spent too much time buying parts in all of the aftermarket parts stores, as well as the local dealers, and online OEM vendors. My conclusion is that you need to do your homework online (a lot of homework) before you buy a part. I don't expect the parts stores or the dealer to know much or want to know much about our 30-40 year old trucks. Returns and refunds have never been much of a problem wherever I shopped, but the online vendors do charge return shipping which is to be expected.

It pays to shop the sales, so I have a shed with a lot of $1/quart Penzoil, QS, etc., free spark plugs, free oil filters, etc. The aftermarket stores are good for free or real cheap stuff - can't complain about that.

Some aftermarket parts are fine. I have a 12 year old steering box from Autozone that has been trouble free and only cost about $20 with my old core.

Generally speaking, I prefer to buy Delco or OEM GM from online vendors. The prices are about the same and sometimes cheaper than aftermarket.
tucsonjwt is offline   Reply With Quote